Thursday, March 10, 2011

*there's art with hearts

I love the website Etsy.
I have not always loved the cartoon shape of a heart.

But I found this for sale on Etsy
Your Home Is Where Your Heart Is
and I thought it was cute. You can get one made for yourself of any state, the United States, or another country.

And then I saw this:
and I decided that the heart shape is growing on me. It doesn't look anything like an actual human heart, but a real human heart isn't all that cute. Which is probably the reason someone invented the heart shape we usually see.
Although this one is sweet in a different kind of way:


Just for fun, do an "anatomical heart" search on Etsy. It is amazing that all of those things have been made.
Including these:
Anatomical Sweet Heart Floursack Tea Towels
Who knew this stuff existed?

Back to cute Etsy finds. Here are some good ones:
This bracelet can be found at this Etsy link:
 
 This card can be found at this Etsy link:

This keychain can be found at this Etsy link:
This teether can be found at this Etsy link:
This CHD Awareness charm necklace can be found here:
This heart suture bracelet can be found here:

HeartArt4U and Lucky10 are Etsy stores
with too many heart items to list.

 For Kids
These first two are available in different colors for
boys and girls and come from the StickyGenius shop:

Zipper Heart

I don't think these two were made with 
heart defect kids in mind, but they are just cute!
Super Hero Cutie stamp
You are my hero - boy note card
I have to confess that I don't have new pictures of Will here because I can't find our camera. Tonight at dinner he mouthed a tiny kosher dill pickle for a very long time and then licked a slice of pepperoni a few times before finishing off with his usual Goldfish (Slammin' Sour Cream and Onion flavor) and cornpuff poppers (Kroger brand Extreme Butter flavor). I was really sad that I couldn't record that moment OR the moment when he walked by himself all the way across our kitchen!! I'll do better soon.

Also, if you are an artist there is a great new site that is, in my opinion, a more exclusive, skilled, and upscale version of Etsy. Check out Across the Earth Emporium by Artisans at www.ateea.com to set up a shop.

And I know I said I was going put all the heart posts up in February, but I have found a lot of things I want to share with other heart families so there will be more posts on that soon.

No comments: