Friday, July 9, 2010

*there's a beautiful face!


Will's G tube surgery went "perfectly"! He now has a tube free face!


Napping in the holding area before surgery.
After getting the okay from the surgeon, we took out his NG tube for the last time! We made it ceremonial with pictures and celebrating. A nurse came to check on him and said, "Oh his tube is gone." I told her, "We took it out. It was a BIG deal."


 Daddy removed the tape so quickly he didn't even notice.


What is this thing you keep putting in my face Mommy? I'm going to grab it!
The familiar surgery waiting area. It's pretty empty on a Friday afternoon.

Relaxing afterwards in his room. He found something to grab yet again!


His new G tube is surrounded by tape and gauze right now so I'll post a picture of it once it's healed up. They are sending a nurse to our house tomorrow to help take off the bandages. I can't wait to ask questions about how to use the new tube. We have had a lot of messes during the learning process.

We always chuckle about him being marked as a "Fall Risk" since he can't even walk yet.

Here is a little reflection on how Will's time at the hospital has spanned all the seasons:

 Here was fall:
 
This is summer:

Here was winter:
This is summer:

I just noticed how big it looks from the outside:


The tall portion on the left is the doctor's tower where Will sees the cardiologist, GI doc, and the NICU follow-up clinic.

I was trying to kill time with all of these pictures. My excuse for not having any springtime pictures is because that was when he was there for heart surgery and there was no extra time to kill.
 
Back at home!
Beautiful face.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Aww, yea! :)

Jill Fields said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!

I agree 100%...beautiful face!!!

Jody said...

Yay! So happy for all of you! Such a beautiful face!