Thursday, December 17, 2009

*there's his first outfit

It fits!
Puppy dogs everywhere.
Close up pictures make him look so big!
Yesterday I came to visit at lunch and saw Will dressed for the first time. He doesn't have any IVs anymore so his arm doesn't need to be exposed. He does have wires coming through the buttons in the front. Those will be there the entire time he's at the hospital. I was hoping to be able to dress him when this time came but I forgot to tell that to anyone. I need to make sure they know we would like to be there for future firsts.

Not only is Will's IV gone but he is only getting 1 medicine once a day by mouth. They believe that a medication they were giving him to prevent a Tet spell (related to his TOF) was actually giving him more apnea spells. He is still having apnea spells, but not as often. For the most part, Will's job now is just to grow. Growth will help the apnea go away. He's doing a pretty good job!

Will is definitely on his way to getting into a regular crib. They will gradually see if he can maintain his body temperature without the help of the isolette. I don't know how long that will take, but it will be a sign that he's very close to coming home.

~Jody

4 comments:

JB said...

precious outfit! precious boy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how precious he is!! He's growing so quickly. So glad to him in "big boy" clothes. :)

Tanya said...

Awesome! I'm so excited for him and you!

Jill Fields said...

I TOTALLY understnad your wanting to dress him! Way to be honest!