Thursday, November 19, 2009

*there's a waiting sister dog


This is Katie, who I've raised for 9 years now. Chris started helping the year she turned one. She's starting to show her age with that white muzzle, isn't she? Katie has a lot of famous adorable poses that have never been caught on camera because she doesn't like getting her picture taken...




This is why you won't see a picture of her in a Christmas card from us!

Will is still doing well. On the ventilator he is able to sort of recreate some womb time. So he rests and gets pampered and that is pretty boring to read about. I don't include a lot of medical information here for several reasons. One reason is that when we are told something that sounds concerning it is usually ruled out by the next day. The main reason is just because there isn't anything new happening. I can tell you that his heart murmur will still be checked on at times but he isn't being treated for anything that isn't normal for babies like him.

There is a plan to try taking him off the ventilator on Monday. That is also the day I will go back to work until he can come home. The good news about going to work is that I'll be very close to the hospital so I can get a lunchtime and after work visit in. The downside is that I'm already tired so it will be hard to get up and get there - at least the first day. Chris has a visiting routine already and it will help for me to have one too.

I learned today that when it's close to time for Will to go home, he'll be moved from where he is now and we'll get to room in with him at least one night. Right now he's in a big room with 9 other isolettes. I'm sure I'll say this over & over...but the staff at the hospital is always so helpful and it's nice to know that he (and we) are in good hands.
~Jody

2 comments:

Maggie said...

JODY! I haven't seen her in so long! She looks so old like Dudley does. :( Still cute, of course, but I haven't seen all of the grey on her face. Sweet puppy. She will LOVE licking Will. I don't know what babies taste like to dogs, but it must be good. Dudley licked my babies all the time!

Jill Fields said...

Jody, please let Allison and I know if there is anything we can do to make this transition back to work more comfortable! We are here to help with anything at all! We love you!