Monday, November 30, 2009

*there's two steps forward and one step back

Well, not exactly two steps...but Will is back on the ventilator today. The attending doctor has a few ideas about what might be the problem. He and the other doctors have been stumped trying to figure out why this poor boy just cannot breathe well on his own. The heart problem is one thing but his blood work looks like a baby that would be able to breathe without being intubated. He's such a mystery.

Wrapped up like a present on Sunday with our friend the cpap:

He does the funniest things with his hands:


It's always disappointing when it seems like he isn't making progress, but enough about that for now. Here are some pictures from Saturday. We did get to hold him! We were very happy to do so but it wasn't quite as exciting as I imagined. This just can't be the same has having your baby at home where you can pick him up whenever and however you want. Having a baby that lives at the hospital is just not normal! I may not even use the word normal any more after this experience.

Getting rocked by Daddy:

Mommy's turn:


We must have done a good job because he slept the whole time:
~Jody

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE his bedding- for masculine! I am glad he has a private room- that must be a nice thing!! I know you all are anxious and ready to be normal..............we KNOW! Normal will come especially when this is a memory and he is throwing a fit at 3 in Kroger's on aisle 5!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be normal one day- I pray soon for you all! Jody- please send me your phone number and home address again- brain is not always attached, but you know that! Praying for Will!!!!!!!!!
The Lemon's

Maggie said...

The whole time Kate was in the NICU it was 2 steps forward , 1 step back. It is so frustrating, but hang in there!!

Jill Fields said...

I am so happy to see you both holding your son...finally! Now I'm awaiting seeing you both holding him in his room at home!