Tuesday, July 19, 2011

*there's his first trip to Cheekwood

Last Sunday afternoon at Cheekwood

 








Every year they have a different outdoor exhibit. 
This year it was trains!

Amazing landscaping and water feature
Peeking at the Ladybug train through a secret window


There were also little models of historic Tennessee buildings all around.
Union Station, Nashville

Thomas coming towards me right before he jumped the track. That got a "Whoa!" out of Will.


Beale Street, Memphis

State Capital Building, Nashville


The Hermitage, Nashville

mini Cheekwood Mansion

Belle Meade Plantation, Nashville

The building behind the stroller is Alex Haley's boyhood home in Henning, but I don't remember what the other one is - something from East TN I think. I mainly wanted a picture of how high those train tracks were. I missed getting a shot of the little Graceland.
Parthenon, Nashville

The bridges were very neat
 
Behind us you can see two little reflecting pools. Between them is a waterfall. I'm describing it because that is the spot where Will sat in the water! It was such a hot day I don't think he even noticed. You can even see him reaching for his water cup in the picture with the stroller. He drank more that day than I think we have ever seen.

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

We've gotta get Ann Cortner there! It looks like so much fun!