Will's surgery went well on Wednesday.
Recovery is easier this time, but still not fun.
Here are some pictures I took with my cellphone while we waited for surgery at the hospital.
 |
| He worse his scrubs for the occasion. |
 |
| Pre-op area Cozy Coupe ride |
 |
| Next he tried a scooter. |
 |
Children's hospitals are truly a different world.
Doctors and nurses apologized to HIM for being in HIS way! |
 |
| I found an empty hallway for him to roam. |
 |
| Climbing the crib. |
 |
| Waiting in the crib. |
 |
| Laughing at himself while trying to find a way out. |
He was a trooper. Very little pain medicine needed. And we learned last time that we can help him feel better by feeding him less for awhile. His GI doctor explained that when you and I don't feel well, we lose our appetites and eat less. Since Will is tube fed we were still putting the same amount as always through his pump and which caused him to spit up a lot after surgery. This time we prevented that by diluting his formula with Pedialyte and giving him less food until he seemed able to handle his usual diet.
1 comment:
So glad that one is over! I know you all are, too!
Post a Comment