| ER trip #4 |
Yes, that's an exaggeration. But I was wondering about this a few months ago. Every time we leave an appointment within the Vanderbilt system I'm given a print out of future appointments. Each time that sheet has 6-8 appointments listed. So I checked my calendar, looked up Will's info on the medical records system, and remembered what I could about the rest of them...and came up with the following totals between February and November of 2010:
14 Pediatrician
4 Cardiologist
1 Cardiac Surgeon
3 General Surgeon
3 Gastroenterologist
2 Urologist
4 Emergency Room
9 Home Health Nurse
5 Early Intervention Coordinator
10 Early Intervention Teacher
16 Speech Language Pathologist
10 Physical Therapist
1 NICU Follow Up Clinic
1 Ophthalmologist
1 Hearing Screening
1 Nutritionist
= 85
+ a handful of other miscellaneous medical things (weight checks, etc)
= 92
If only there were some way to estimate the phone calls...
I just wanted to add those up in an attempt to try to measure what we have accomplished as a family. I don't have to wonder "Where did the time go?". It went to Vanderbilt! Luckily it is a nice place with good sweet tea. And sometimes they came to us so we didn't have to leave the house. Soon enough these visits will be replaced with visits to a school and a critique of the tea from that cafeteria.
But back to the near future, these upcoming appointments remind me of this:
February 2010, Will's discharge from the hospital
Next month we see the cardiologist again and will record year #2 of this photo. If he gets the all clear for annual appointments then we will won't be able to get the 3rd installment of the photos until February 2012!
3 comments:
Wow...a whole year for another cardio appointment - I can't wait for that day to come for us!
Praying for a good check-up and for the year break!
How many calendars do you have?!?!?!
That's a cute picture...but I hope he doesn't have to take to many more of those! :)
Post a Comment